Do you think God exists?

Optional: explain your answer

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think Gods are possible if you really think about what we are asking. While it is easy to imagine Gods and assign what we perceive to be magical components of nature to these imagined Beings, the concept simply contradicts too many things we already know as well as violates the natural limits that all existence has by being "magical". Even if you gave life an eternity to grow more and more complex intelligence, there comes a point (a limit) that cannot be surpassed due to the limitations of reality. Gods are like Santa, they are fun to think about but it's still a fantasy.

• 10 months ago

Keep in mind that all evidence is examined through someone's worldview and experiences and beliefs. Everyone is subject to confirmation bias (in one way or another). What someone wants to believe definitely influences their interpretation of the data.

There is something rather than nothing (contingency argument), the universe had a beginning (cosmological argument), design is here (teleological argument), beauty is here (aesthetical argument), morality is here (moral argument), the widespread belief in deity is here (intuitional argument), etc.—what is their adequate preceding cause? Many people believe these point to God.

I would look up those arguments and watch some of the debates with Dr. William Lane Craig, Dr. John Lennox, and Dr. Stephen Meyer.

If you want something quick and easy to get you going, I would watch these short videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3gdeV4Rk9E...

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I was raised/indoctrinated into Protestant Christianity. But once I learned about other religions, I realized the chances were small that I had happened to be born into the correct religion. Then I learned about mythologies, that they were religions that people stopped believing in. It seemed obvious that all religions were simply myths people still believed in.

This was about 35 years ago, and nothing I've seen or heard or read since has changed my mind or even made me doubt that all religions are just man-made myths.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

No, I don't think that god exists, since I think

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

I assume God exists because God is worth seeking and we cannot honestly seek that which we assume doesn't exist.

• 10 months ago

Yes.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 10 months ago

There are lots of them. Mostly on here we talk about one of the Western concepts of God, so that's a no. I won't go into a lot of detail but let's say those stories don't pass the smell test for me. I gave them a good look and moved on. I haven't ruled out that there is some underlying intelligence in the universe, but still searching...

• Charlie
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

I'm glad you are just so amazing to be able to spot that and insult the good people of West Virginia at the same time...

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I know he does I don’t think

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Nope.I'm not a dunce.

• That kind of question admits of two answers: Theoretical and Personal.

So you want my personal answer to serve as a theoretical answer. All I can say is I converted when I recognized that was why I didn't believe, because I was confusing the two.

• Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

Really? So it had nothing to do with that brick falling on your head?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.