What's the fastest and most effective way to go through and get rid of lots of papers you don't want and need, if you don't have a shredder?

Hi. I have a huge collection of papers I have collected, since I have lived at my present residence, over the years. You might say I am a pack rat. I have a lot of papers that I have saved and accumulated for over a decade. My family and I want to move, and I need to focus on going through and throwing a lot of... show more Hi. I have a huge collection of papers I have collected, since I have lived at my present residence, over the years. You might say I am a pack rat. I have a lot of papers that I have saved and accumulated for over a decade.

My family and I want to move, and I need to focus on going through and throwing a lot of these papers out. I have to do this myself- my family and I are planning on moving, and we don't expect to take a lot of stuff with us. I don't have a paper shredder.

What's the fastest and most effective way to go through and get rid of lots of papers you don't want and need, if you don't have a paper shredder?

I am open to suggestions. Please help- thank you.