If I buy a digital version of a game on my boyfriends account can I play it on both mine and his PS4? Or is the game on one PS4 only?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Raditz
    Lv 6
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

You can play on both PS4s, but it's a bit complicated, since you need to activate your BF's account as primary on your PS4. Here's how it works:

1. Buy a game using your BF account.

2. Let your BF login on your PS4 by creating a new user.

3. Set his account as Primary on your console, via "Settings">"Account Management">"Activate as Your Primary PS4">"Activate".

4. After that, download the game that you bought to your PS4.

5. Logout from your BF's user account, then login to your own account.

6. Now you can play the game with your own account.

If you bought another game with your BF's account, just login to his account again, download the game, logout, and play it on your account. Just make sure that both of you didn't login at the same time, since that would make one of you being logged out.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

No, you can play it. Why the f would you not be able to? If you can't, phone the support because thats illegal.

• 1 year ago

Digital games are tied to the account it was purchased on, as a form of DRM for anti-piracy measures.

As the game was purchased on your boyfriend's account, only he has access to the game regardless of the console utilized. So your boyfriend could play the game in question on his PS4 (natively) OR log into your PS4 & play it there. HOWEVER, you wouldn't be able to play the game on BOTH PS4's at the same time (as it would be logically implausible for one person to play the game on two consoles at the same time).

If you login on your own account, you won't be able to play the game until you purchase it for yourself.

Hope this clear things up!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.