what do I do? getting treated cold at work?

I recently got a new job in Pennsylvania as an accounting intern, I was really excited as it was a big move for me and was excited to meet new people.

I was in for a surprise as everyone at my job hates me. I tried to make friends but no one talks to me or includes me.

I said good morning and good night to people I work around, but they never said it to me. Eventually I stopped to see if they would and they didnt. When I asked this girl if she dropped something that was by her desk, she gave me a very cold and rude response saying no.

I tried asking people about their lives and what they do, just to make converastion and get to know them.

One situation two interns saw me and they just kept walking up the stairs and talked to each other, but didnt say a word to me,.

The supervisors there avoid me as much as they can. Only one is nice to me and takes an interest. The other supervisors treat me different than they do the others.

It makes me feel like something is wrong with me. I am doing very well at the job and have been told so, I ve made a lot less mistakes than others.

Even being an introvert, I desire friendships, and I try my best to start conversations and ask people questions about themselves, but it does no good. What do I do? Am I just at a bad job?

• Steve
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing is wrong with you if you’re doing well at the job.

Keep doing well. That’s how you advance.

1 year ago

As long as you are doing a good job and your boss tells you that you are that's all that matters.

Your workplace is exactly that, a place to work. Not a place to enrich your social life. Work is not work an opportunity to improve your conversational skills, nor is it a place to make friends. Given time people may warm to you but until then keep it strictly business.