Is having 2 weddings a bad idea?

My family isn’t the richest and it’s also very big. My girls family has more money but they live in another state which although is close it’s still 4-5 hrs away. We’re getting married. We’re still looking into it but we want it to be somewhere in Europe. Can we elope in Europe and have the ceremony in the states... show more My family isn’t the richest and it’s also very big. My girls family has more money but they live in another state which although is close it’s still 4-5 hrs away.
We’re getting married. We’re still looking into it but we want it to be somewhere in Europe. Can we elope in Europe and have the ceremony in the states in a family members backyard or something so that our families can come. My mom and aunts really want a wedding. As long as it’s not too expensive because we want the real one to be in Europe. But we don’t know who’s go with us. Clearly not anyone with kids cause that’s a lot of work and it’s expensive. Also I’ve saved myself for marriage and I think it’d be more romantic to myself to her in Europe than the states. Which wedding would go first? What do we do? We can only get married once