Would you be offended if a girl wanted the same engagement ring she picked with an ex?

I was engaged before and found my dream ring. The guy ended up cheating on me and we called things off. (Obviously I gave him the ring back) Now 5 years later, my boyfriend and I are planing on getting married. We have been looking seriously at rings for 6+ months (I ve tried on HUNDREDS now) and nothing has... show more I was engaged before and found my dream ring. The guy ended up cheating on me and we called things off. (Obviously I gave him the ring back)

Now 5 years later, my boyfriend and I are planing on getting married. We have been looking seriously at rings for 6+ months (I ve tried on HUNDREDS now) and nothing has made me light up like the ring I chose from my first engagement.

My boyfriend is kind of sad because he wants something that represents "us", and he says that the first ring is a slap in the face.

I tell him it has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about my ex (I can t stand him!) and solely about the look of the ring.

What would you do in this situation? Am I wrong to ask him for the same ring my ex bought me?