Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 10 months ago

Car insurance for a 17 year old?

How much would it be for liability in the state of Texas, specifically college station Texas a college town. How much would it be with a Chevy impala/Honda accord or Ford Explorer or Ford Ranger and any small truck. I plan on saving $5000 by the end of summer. I plan on spending $1500/$2000 on the car and the rest for insurance/maintenance. I plan on working weekends at Kroger which is minimum wage and I should make about $150-180 a weekend without tax and working almost full time in the summer but I may be gone for a month in the summer.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Call the general for a quote

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Because of your age you will be in the assigned risk category. Megabucks, major albatross.

• 10 months ago

Get an online quote on state farm or geico. You just put in your info and they give you an accurate quote. I have State Farm and they’ve been great to me. You can get discounts for keeping a 3.0+ GPA and defensive driving certification, so hopefully it’s under a $100 dollars.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Most definitely! Simply get a super rich girlfriend, and ask her dad to self-insure you. It won't cost you a penny, and it is 100% legal in Texas. Just be sure you satisfy her in bed completely, or she (and her super-rich dad) will dump you in an instant!

• Jeff
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Not a penny. Just post a cash bond

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

absolutely

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Your parents have to ask their insurance company because at 17 you can't get insurance in your own name.

• 10 months ago

Most people have the brains to call a car insurance agent for a quote.

• May
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

Ask an insurance agent. How would anyone else know?

• 10 months ago

A WHOLE lot.

• 10 months ago

We can answer many questions here on YA.

One thing it is impossible to answer is specific insurance costs for a specific individual. That's what insurance agents are for.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.