Is it time for a new PSU?

Would Cooler Master MWE 500w PSU be safe to use with RTX 2060 XC ULTRA GAMING?

My specs:

ryzen 2600 at 3.9ghz

16GB ram at 3200mhz

B450 Tomahawk motherboard

1 SSD and 1 HDD,

I do not intend to overclock it.

Favorite Answer

to get a proper answer run one of the many Power Supply Calculator programs downloadable from PSU makers websites and from Mainboard makers websites. The GPU card specs are listed at the link below and describe the cards wattage requirements, but you need to add up all your other bits to be sure, thats why you need to use a calculator. see the MSI one below since you have an MSI board.

Wow, is your power supply limited to 230v? That means it doesn't have a Power Correction Factor, and usually those are poorly made. I'd get a new power supply for the sake of quality. 650w will work with most anything, including a high end card like the RTX 2080ti. AMD recommend a 750w power supply for many of their cards like the Vega 64. The RTX 2060 won't do SLI and neither will the RTX 2070. Only the RTX 2080 or 2080ti can do SLI, but not with eachother. The GPU has to match.

• Fulano

It would probably work, but like Laurence said, use a PSU calculator. This is the most feature full one I've found:

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Yes, it is time for a new PSU.

• YKhan

Most single-GPU systems will run just fine on 500W. If you wanted to run two RTX 2060's in SLI, then you'll need about 650W+.