Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Why would my mom say she doesn't see many White Christian men but I would have an easier time finding a Black Christian man?

I mentioned how I am looking to marry a Christian man. She is not a believer so I am kind of hurt she would say that as it sounds like she is insulting me and Christians somehow.

What could I have said in response to her? It sounded so incredibly rude of her to say that especially since she is a atheist.

• Eric
    Best Answer

What church do you go to? Some churches have more members in it who are black, so maybe she was raised with familiarity to that kind of environment.

Perhaps she was just intending to state her observation, and you could have said that there are plenty of white men that you see in church.

But if I were you, I wouldn't consider race as a strong factor in who to marry. Godly Christian men are rare even in church settings, so marry someone who will love you and has a strong, growing relationship with the Lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqQd3RyTbFc

Youtube thumbnail

There are singles groups in certain churches. The only luck I've run into is on eHarmony, as it helps produce more similar and compatible matches, saving a lot of time. It's not just about being Christian, you also have to take personality into account.

I am giving you one chance to prove that you are not a troll.

-Corvus Blackthorne

• Lv 7

And you have blown your chance.