My boyfriend won’t propose to me?

I don’t really have too many close friends anymore and need to vent and seek some guidance.. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we have lived together for 3 years. We are each other’s best friend, biggest supporter, and we overall have a great relationship, We are 25 years old. I would have been... show more I don’t really have too many close friends anymore and need to vent and seek some guidance..

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we have lived together for 3 years. We are each other’s best friend, biggest supporter, and we overall have a great relationship,

We are 25 years old. I would have been comfortable getting engaged a year ago. We’ve discussed marriage and talk about it sometimes. I’ve told him many times I’m ready and want to get engaged and move on to the next chapter already. He’s never given me a date or timeline and I’m so sick of waiting around and not getting true answers.

In December he told me it would be sometime soon...I was upset he didn’t propose on my birthday or Christmas or New Years and then not again on our trip to Hawaii.... the PERFECT opportunity.. all of my friends and family thought he would propose there.. while he was sleeping on the plane back I cried many tears because he didn’t.

Fast forward to tonight I was talking to him before bed about getting engaged and he was frustrated and said sometime before summer. I don’t want to wait another 6-8 months to get engaged. I’m not downstairs annoyed wanting space from him.

Will he actually propose when he says he will this time? I don’t want to wait any longer, I’m done being patient. I’m so close to giving him an ultimatum which in my opinion isn’t the nicest but my ******* god I’m SO hurt and SO frustrated.