Are light bars and auxiliary lighting legal in Maryland.?

I’ve recently modified my mustang with a 30 in light bar sitting hidden in the bottom air ram/grill. In very rural areas of Maryland I use it to light up the road and tree lines. I am extremely cautious and look for oncoming lights and signs of other vehicles so I can turn it off before they can see the intense... show more I’ve recently modified my mustang with a 30 in light bar sitting hidden in the bottom air ram/grill. In very rural areas of Maryland I use it to light up the road and tree lines. I am extremely cautious and look for oncoming lights and signs of other vehicles so I can turn it off before they can see the intense light. Recently I rounded a corner and lit up a cop car in Carroll County a, very rural area. I thought the cop was going to pull me over but he didn’t. Before installing the bar I looked through the MDOT website to find a answer. It was extremely vague. Does anybody know the exact rules and stipulations about auxiliary lighting, lightbars, fog lights etc? it would be a big help. Please don’t flame me about being a douche for having a light bar. If you had one you would like it too lol.
1 answer 1