Why does my colleague always get colds?

My colleague is constantly getting sick. He got sick last August, then again in September, then in late November, then last month in January and then again this month. It bugs me to no end because I sit next to him at work and he coughs and sneezes all the time and comes close to me when he has to talk to me about... show more My colleague is constantly getting sick. He got sick last August, then again in September, then in late November, then last month in January and then again this month. It bugs me to no end because I sit next to him at work and he coughs and sneezes all the time and comes close to me when he has to talk to me about something. I feel like every time he gets sick, I catch it. And it's annoying too because I can't keep catching colds like this.

So, why on earth does my colleague always get sick? Shouldn't a person develop immunity after recovering from a cold?