Affordable car insurance for a 28 year old male with a clean driving record? Currently paying 155usd a month?

Favorite Answer

You have four choices. 1. Shop around. There are websites that will give you quotes from a number of companies. If you have any military connection in your family, make sure you check out USAA. 2. Get a less expensive or risky of a car. A 2019 Mustang Boss will cost a lot more in insurance than a 2012 Ford Focus. They look at how much it is to fix a car (Ferrari vs Ford), how risky you are driving the car (who hotrods a Minivan?). 3. Move. Face it, you are far more likely to have to file a claim if you live in the heart of LA vs the boonies of Wyoming. 4. Carry a bigger deductible. I carry a $1000 deductible. That way my insurance is not involved in minor stuff and I do not even have to report it to them.

• jldude

Depending on the location and vehicle, that might be a typical price. I'm 34 with one minor at-fault accident in the last 3 years and I pay about $225/mo combined for a 2015 F-150 and a 2012 Kia Soul in Florida. When I was 28 with just a VW Jetta in Idaho I think I was paying probably $115 a month.

Lol

• May

Shop, shop, shop.

Call Progressive.

• P

That seams to be a lot, but it's based on the type of car and where you live so it's hard to say if that is fair. For example if you live in an area with a higher risk of a natural disaster or theft you will pay more.

Otherwise be careful of some insurers are not very good and you will never find out until you have to make a claim.

Your rate looks OK to me.

What about it? Are you selling it or buying it? And what state are you in? Auto insurance varies dramatically from one region to another. For example just in the state of Illinois, it could be dirt cheap if you live out in the farmland but if you are in Chicago, it's going to be astronomically expensive. You should read the guidelines for asking questions here. There isn't enough information in your question to give a decent answer.

• Rick B

That is absolutely affordable.

Depending on what coverage you have.

• James

go to an insurance agency and have them shop around