Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 12 months ago

was really Jesus the son of God?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

YES! Please read what the apostle Peter said at Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. ,This is but one of many references in the Bible to Jesus as the Son of God, an expression that has stirred a wide range of responses among the religiously inclined.look into his teachings and apply them in your life. Learn about Jesus and what it means to know him. Please read John 17:3 it says And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

• 12 months ago

According to the prophets, and to the historical record of the Gospels, yes. Jesus is really the Son of God.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 12 months ago

Yep. Jesus: Half God, half human, all man. On over 30 occasions, he called himself the son of The Man, or the son of God.

• 12 months ago

Fictional characters can be whoever their writers want them to be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • That is His claim and He says in the Gospels how to test that claim

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

lets start with this Point .. what it mean by Jesus Son of God..!

The “Trilemma,” a common proposal of Christian missionaries, states that “Jesus was either a lunatic, a liar, or the Son of God,as he claimed to be.” For the sake of argument, let’s agree that Jesus was neither a lunatic nor a liar. Let’s also agree he was precisely what he claimed to be. But what, exactly, was that? Jesus called himself “Son of Man” frequently, consistently, perhaps even emphatically, but where did he call himself “Son of God?”Let’s back up. What does “Son of God” mean in the first place? No legitimate Christian sect suggests that God took a wife and had a child, and most certainly none conceive that God fathered a child through a human mother outside of marriage. Furthermore, to suggest that God physically mated with an element of His creation is so far beyond the limits of religious tolerance as to plummet down the sheer cliff of blasphemy, chasing the mythology of the Greeks.So again, what does “Son of God” mean? And if Jesus Christ has exclusive rights to the term, why does the Bible record, “...for I (God) am a father to Israel, and Ephraim (i.e. Israel) is my firstborn” (Jeremiah 31:9)

and, “.Israel is My son, even my firstborn” (Exodus 4:22)?Taken in the context of Romans 8:14, which reads,“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God,” many scholars conclude that “Son of God” is metaphorical and, as with christos,doesn’t imply exclusivity.After all, The Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion confirms that in Jewish idiom “Son of God” is clearly metaphorical.To quote,“Son of God,term occasionally found in Jewish literature,biblical and post-biblical

And in any case, the list of candidates for “son of God” begins with Adam, as per Luke 3:38“.Adam, which was the son of God.”the Bible describes many people, Israel and Adam included, as “sons of God.”Both II Samuel 7:13-14 and I Chronicles 22:10.

Entire nations are referred to as sons, or children of God.Examples include:Genesis 6:2,Genesis 6:4,Deuteronomy 14:1 .Job 1:6,

• 12 months ago

Was? Is. Of course he is.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

No. Neither Jesus or the Christian god exist or existed

• 12 months ago

Yep. If you doubt this, look into the uncensored history of the Watch Tower Society's many failed prophecies and how their doctrines are based on poor scholarship and clearly contradict The Bible.

• 12 months ago

It is capitalized: Son of God. It is a title:

At Jesus' Baptism and Transfiguration the Father designated Jesus as his "beloved Son" (Mt 3:17, 17:5). When Jesus called himself the "only Son of God" (Jn 3:16) he affirmed his eternal preexistence. The Centurion's words "Truly this man was the Son of God" is a Christian profession of faith. Only after the Resurrection can the believer give "Son of God" its full meaning.

By his Resurrection Jesus was "designated Son of God in power" (Rom 1:3). The apostles confessed "We have beheld his glory, as of the only Son from the Father" (Jn 1:14)."

https://www.catholicity.com/catechism/only_son_of_...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.