Thumping sound in background of audio.?

I'm working on editing for a podcast, and I keep getting this weird thumping sound in the background. It's not everywhere, just occasional, but it's kind of fatiguing to listen to, and I don't want it bringing my audience out of the moment. This is an example of what it sounds like. (don't... show more I'm working on editing for a podcast, and I keep getting this weird thumping sound in the background. It's not everywhere, just occasional, but it's kind of fatiguing to listen to, and I don't want it bringing my audience out of the moment.

This is an example of what it sounds like. (don't mind the overall quality, I think that's just the website host)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0GtBm8VH6Lc

Does anyone know what this is, and how I could get rid of it?

- I don't want to do a noise gate because some of the people in the podcast are rally quiet, and due to technical limitations, they all have to be on one recording track.

- I tried a basic noise reduction, but that reduces the voice quality of the speakers.

- EQing it out doesn't seem to be a great option either, because it appears to go all the way up to 100 Hertz, and putting a high-pass filter would make a lot of our voices sound very tinny, since several of us have deeper voices.
1 answer 1