please help with computer problem?

I just got a brand new HP laptop with I3 processor less than a week ago have been really careful with it first thing I did was installed antivirus and firewall and use it for light browsing word processing YouTube video watching etcetera. I was on Facebook writing a post when everything just froze I couldn't scroll I couldn't move the mouse I couldn't even control alt delete so after a couple minutes I manually restart it. After going through a few diagnostic screens I finally get a blue screen saying automatic repair couldn't repair your PC I tried rebooting it did the same thing I tried doing a recovery option where your files stay and you just reinstall Windows from what I understand and it wouldn't let me. What would you try before using the warranty and having it repaired?

• Harry
    Favorite Answer

Any number of things could have made it freeze, could have gotten too hot, a failure in graphics driver or a fault in RAM.

Seems strange that you got into automatic repair straight away, usually, that kind of thing only happens when you power the machine off then back on again a couple of times consecutively.

Depending on where you got it from they might be able to quickly re-load windows for you if you arn't comfortable doing it yourself. Chances are it was just a strange set of circumstances which lead to the failure, unless there was a bunch of popups or randomly installed toolbars which you didn't mention.

They place you bought it should be able to help you out :)

Windows 10 have built-in anti virus program called Windows Defender which works very good.

When you install on computer 2 antivirus programs they start fighting each other.It slows computer and can freeze it.

That could be the problem on your PC

t

I ended up restoring to factory settings and all is well now but it does worry me. at least I have a 2 year warranty should it happen again

• VP

For future reference... When you are the owner of the question, your replies are entered as "Updates" to your question. You don't actually do a reply to your own question. I'm glad you got your laptop working again! Now make a "Bootable Recovery" disc or USB drive. http://tinyurl.com/jsx2luy

• David

Take it back to the store and let them deal with it. If they can't fix it by reloading windows ask for a new one rather than accept them sending it away for a repair

.