Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 12 months ago

Why do people consider NASACR a sport?

Driving is not a sport...millions of people do it every day...therefore it takes no above average skills to perform.

Update:

I've heard all the usual arguments: the cars go very fast, it's hot in their cars, etc. My care is 40 years old (in great condition) and doesn't have air conditioning (I've been in it above 120 degrees)...so, does that make me an athlete?

Just because rednecks are stupid does not make something a sport.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

It takes talent to drive very fast as a steady pace

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

These drivers all have to work out all year long the pit crews have to work out show me anyone who can sit in one spot four up to 4hrs in temp. Of 150degrees and run side by side with other cars going upwards of 200mph with very few breaks. Yes nascar is a sport and the only reason the attendance has dropped off is because Nascar keeps changing the rules for safety reasons! NOW ALL OF YOU ASSHOLES GO BACK TO YOUR WRESTLING!!!

• 10 months ago

It Is A Sport.

• 10 months ago

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make the ones that do stupid. Maybe you're the stupid one little guy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Only rednecks think its a sport

• 11 months ago

The entire problem here is nascar. nascar is NOT a sport. Auto racing is. This is one of the major reasons nascar has plummeted in ratings. They now put themselves up to compete with Football, soccer, baseball and basketball which ALL have higher ratings. So much less nascar, other sports have taken over because of this nascar folly. But what's new, nascar is nothing now more then a TV show. As they ALWAYS say, this is what the fans wanted : )

1 ) Name one other sport worldwide that is wholly owned by ONE family ?

2 ) Name one other sport you can not go to any book store and buy an official copy of the rules. (nascar says the rule are a secret NOT for the public) Why would anyone watch a sport and not even know the rules ?

3 ) Name one other sport where when the officials are caught cheating they are not immediately fired or even prosecuted ? (ie. the phony cautions)

SO you decide, I say NO, not anything even resembling a sport.

• mike10 months agoReport

That’s like saying baseball a sport but softball is not??!

• 11 months ago

Professional driving is a sport. I dare you to drive one of those cars on a banked track at 180+ MPH. Never mind driving in traffic at 130+.

• ...Show all comments
    • J. c
      Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

Yep, driving in NASCAR is VERY tough and most people could not physically endure it.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

It does take actual skill to drive those cars. But it's curious that a country so freaked out about fossil fuel use that some states are literally punishing people out of their cars would allow this colossal waste of gas and the exhaust these vehicles produce.

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Neither is swimming or track then.

• 12 months ago

America takes the boring and makes it fun

• mindcrime828
      Lv 7
      12 months agoReport

Never heard of FIA, the INTERNATIONAL federation for autosport? They are the ones that run F1. Racing is not just an American sport.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.