My brother is a dick and I need help dealing with him.?

So basicly, we have to clean and neaten the entire kitchen plus some shelfs in the living room. We'd been instructed to wipe everything and put them back neatly. So I asked my brother to move things off one of the counter and wipe them and put them back neatly while I had a quick breakfast(he'd already... show more So basicly, we have to clean and neaten the entire kitchen plus some shelfs in the living room. We'd been instructed to wipe everything and put them back neatly. So I asked my brother to move things off one of the counter and wipe them and put them back neatly while I had a quick breakfast(he'd already eaten)and he does a piss poor shuffle and swipe of a cloth. The stains are still there and my mum is a clean freak with a bad temper. And my brother is just making excuse for his bad job. Keeps saying that it doesn't matter its done move on. So I just think whatever I'll have a better time cleaning it all by myself than arguing with him about it. So I say hey I'll clean up the kitchen, but be available for smaller jobs. I called him in 3 times and each time I had to go and drag him with him blabbering about it not being worth it. Making excuses doing as little as he could. Small stuff like putting stuff away, putting the oil in one section putting big bottles together and small bottle together and he just shuffles them in a weird order and calls it quits even when I tell him step by step and I'm tired of this. I don't want to clean everything by my self all the time I don't want to yell at him. Feels like I'm nagging. And now I've done it all I feel defeated. I'm glad cause I won't be yelled at but I'm tired. It's like there's no compromise. He just wants me to do it all. What can I do when this happens again?
3 answers 3