Acer CB281HK monitor was working perfectly.Turned on next day to get Acer Logo then goes blank.No OSD menu popup, no No Signal unplugged.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

I'm having the exact same issue. Any luck figuring it out?

• 10 months ago

It may have a rocker switch in the back. If it does, turn off the rocker switch, wait a few seconds, turn the rocker switch back on, and then press the power button on the front.

I'm unsure of the cause, but HDCP 2.2 probably complicates matters somewhat. Even turning things on in the wrong order may make a difference.

This is only slightly related, but my disc player also locks up occasionally. Unplugging it and waiting sometimes seems to be the only thing that makes a difference.

Good luck.

• VP
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Just did a Google search on your monitor... Wow! That's a 4K baby. I'm taking your question a little more seriously now.

a. Shut down your computer, power off your monitor and disconnect it from your computer. (Just one end of the cable -- doesn't matter which end.)

b. Next, unplug your monitor's power cord for 30 seconds. Press the monitor's Power button to once to make sure all power is discharged. [Monitor should stay blank]

c. Next, plug in your monitor's power cord and turn it on. The Power light should remain on and it should complain that there isn't any input.

d. Find your OSD buttons and try to bring up your menus manually. If those are working, I'd reconnect the video cable to your computer and check that the cable connections on both ends are correct. ** Verify that your monitor is set to use the correct video input by cycling through them and re-selecting the proper one! **

e. Reboot your computer and see if your monitor wakes up.

• 10 months ago

sounds like a graphics system problem. need more information or else you'll have to take it to a technician and pay the diagnosis fee

Source(s): grampa
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Something has gone bad. Contact Acer for the customer support that you already paid for.

• 10 months ago

Blue power light stays on, does not enter sleep mode either, just stays blue. Did not fool around with any settings or cpu settings prior day when it was working fine.

• VP
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

You don't want to "answer" your own question for at least 2 reasons: 1. No one's expecting that. 2. Your answer eventually sinks to the bottom and won't be seen by many. Instead, Update your question with your new info.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.