If I want to plant another tree in EXACT same spot ....will I be able to grind down enough to eliminate stump and its tap roots completely?

I have a stump that have been digging around and have it dug down good on all sides, but it still wont budge. I don't know what else could be holding it in the ground except tap roots underneath the stump. so at this stage would it make more sense to try and pull it out with a pick up truck and chain OR get a... show more I have a stump that have been digging around and have it dug down good on all sides, but it still wont budge. I don't know what else could be holding it in the ground except tap roots underneath the stump. so at this stage would it make more sense to try and pull it out with a pick up truck and chain OR get a iron wedge and try to break /split the stump in half vertically? (and even if I could do this, what is that going to allow?) can explain?
Update: SORRY TO EXPLAIN BETTER QUESTION...MEAN USING A STUMP GRINDER