Can Someone Help Me W/ My Faith?

I'm questioning about becoming a Christian, but Not sure n some of these Sacrifices I would have 2 make

Matthew 16:24 "Let him deny himself & Take Up His Cross & Follow Me."

(Aside from being Obedient) This is 1 of My Challenges. I'm a musician & I don't do Drugs (NEVER Did). I Do (make some time for God/Jesus) read the Bible daily & go 2 Church 2 listen 2 the Word & pray, but don't know if I can sacrifice these:

1) Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing some of your closest friends?

2) Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means alienation from your family?

3) Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing your job?

Giving Up your Hopes, Dreams, Possessions

C I want 2 move down 2 Nashville 2 do my music (not 4 fame just write, perform, etc.) My Dream/Goal is 2 work n Arts-n-Edu. field since I was a Professional Music Teacher n past.

I don't want 2 Lose some of my Friends (up here, NYC). 1 of my friends is Very Nurturing Always been there whenever I had Seizures.

I ALWAYS ADMIRED Jesus' Miracles & person He Is & Would Love 2 ask Him 2 maybe Cure (NOT Demanding) my Epilepsy, but then u c? I'm gonna HAVE 2 do ALL The ABOVE & I Don't know HOW I could b a Christian Following ALL Above (feel like I would Have 2 "OWE HIM")

so, 4 what He has done Dying For Our Sins Using Him IS A DISGRACE so I'm Trying 2 find where I could "Place" Him. Lately, I've been EXTREMELY CAREFUL n Being Being Right w/ Him.

Can Someone Help Me - W/ Some Insights & What I Could Do?

• Sean
    Best Answer

There is nowhere in scripture that says that you can't be a musician. There are some things that musicians do and you should avoid, but it sounds like you already are.

"Denying yourself" is directed toward your sinful nature and desires for the world, not simply never doing anything you want to. God made us to enjoy and explore this world, and he made us in his image. This should be done in respect of following God's will and respecting that you are his child and the temple of God is in you.

1) You aren't losing your friends. Just because you believe something they don't, doesn't mean that you stop loving them. How much more awesome would it be to have your friend convert and give their life to Christ and hang out with you in heaven? You'll never know if you don't follow the path God has you on.

2) Again, just because you follow Christ doesn't mean your family will hate you. It's just saying that if there is a choice between them and God, you choose God. That doesn't mean you have to stop loving them or trying to be with them. If they don't want to be with you, then that's their choice, but you can pray for them and ask God to change their hearts.

3) Music and God used to actually be a good thing, and even still, just because you are a Christian doesn't mean your music has to be. Thrice is one of my favorite bands and it is not on a Christian label, but Dustin Kensrue is a Christian worship leader. If you lose your job because you are a Christian, you have to come to the understanding that God provides. If the worst happened to you, God will use that to bring you to a place where you are even more thankful.

I would suggest that instead of going to church and hearing others tell you who God is, you take some time to separate yourself from influence. Just pick up a bible, dig into the character of God while you have time and are free of distractions. Put him first and see why you should follow him. Test the things he says. Draw close and learn just how real he is. Then, when you've learned of him, go out and find people with belief in the same God inside the bible, as there are many who are out there who will deceive you or say to you "do this or do that" (colossians 2:16-23). You have freedom in Christ and should enjoy that.

Just because you become a Christian, doesn't mean God will heal you. He has the ability, and many of us have seen him do that, but he can also use your epilepsy to reach people that maybe I couldn't reach. I have a spinal injury, so instead of going out, I'm here writing to you. God can use your past, your present, and future for his good, no matter where you are or what you are doing.

If you want further insight or advice, feel free to email me with questions you have. I hope you achieve your dreams, but remember, we should always give god preference, and so I usually will say, "Lord, I want to go to Nashville and sing, but your will be done. I submit to your direction."

If you truly believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead on the third day in victory over death and you ask Jesus to forgive you and save you. He knows your heart and will save you.

Then you ask Him to help you to be the Christ follower He wants you to be and He will. He will work on you from the inside out and change you into the person He wants you to be.

You do not give up anything. He takes it away from you if He thinks it is bad for you. You do not even know its gone until way later.

Friend asking people how that you're going to serve God just is not the way to find out what God wants from you! You need to sit down at a table with a piece of paper in front of you. And read the Bible and pray over what you're reading and write down the impression that God gives you. do this on a daily basis start doing it today and keep on doing it for the rest of your natural life. The old testament prophet by the name of habakkuk gave you a perfect example of how it's done. In the modern world it's called keeping a journal. Asking people what God's will for you is is not going to help you one bit. you need to ask God in Jesus Christ on a daily basis what his will is for you that very single day and write it down on a piece of paper and refer back to it. This is one of the most important spiritual growth exercises in Christianity.

• Tim

How far are you willing to go to keep your friends? Would you lie, steal, cheat, rob and kill to do this? The things that are obviously against the teachings of Christ? You seem like a decent person and you probably would not go so far as to do these things and my guess is you are willing to make the sacrifices necessary, if they indeed would be necessary.

• You will go into a suicidal funk soon probably. You are trying to say that NOT going with Faith will be easier but you obviously losing it right NOW.

God seldom requires us to give up everything. Hold on to what is good in life. Just make sure it's really good from an eternal perspective.

Everyone who has dedicated himself to do God’s will and to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ must love and serve God, even as was required of God’s people in times past: “What is Jehovah your God asking of you but to fear Jehovah your God, so as to walk in all his ways and to love him and to serve Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul.”—Deut. 10:12.

The Bible also says to take in an accuate knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:3, 4)

“What is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest in walking with your God?”​—MICAH 6:8.

“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.”​—MATTHEW 22:37.

• Chris

You don't have to give up anything. You don't have to give up your hopes, dreams, possessions, family, anything.

.

The point of all those verses is, make sure that you won't let anyone stop you from believing in Jesus. That is the point being made there.

It is easy to get into heaven. Believe in Jesus. That easy to get into heaven :)

The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

Any thing that pulls you away from God or gets you in between God and you, must be sacrificed

But God knows your plans and dreams, and if they can be done in consistency with Christianity, with out selling your soul so to speak. God will find a way

take a leap ahead and keep praying to GOD AND ASK HIM TO SAVE YOU...THERE IS A SINNERS PRAYER" ONLINE if u wish to use it...u can also go to some Trinity churches and see what you like. I like Methodist. Lutheran is also good and Presbyterian.