Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelItalyOther - Italy · 10 months ago

One of my best friends is from Sicily but he has white skin, blond hair and blue eyes, is it weird?

He looks like a german boy, but he is sicilian!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Look up the Norman (Viking) conquest of Southern Italy.

• 10 months ago

During WW2......Germans were all over Italy.....and fought on the same side.

• 10 months ago

German occupation of Italy during WWI.

• Laura
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No, its not weird.

Its weird that you think that a person can't have ancestors that immigrated to a different place.

It is very rare for a person to look like where they live.

I live in North America, yet I am not Native American. My ancestors are from Europe.

My friend is an Alaskan native, but he was born and raised in Texas and sounds like a cowboy, yet he looks like an Inuit because he is one.

My sister has a friend who was born in India, yet she is has pale skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. So do her parents, and siblings. They moved to India before she was born, and she lives there now.

Just because a person looks different than where they came from doesn't mean that they don't really come from that place.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Like you, he doesn't get out much. Sicilians have swarthy skin because they live in a mostly hot climate and spend much of the day outdoors. Sicily has been occupied by just about every group from the Mediterranean and beyond and they have a complicated genetic mix, so anything is possible. When the Ottomans invaded Albania in the 15th century, around half the population emigrated to Sicily where they lived under Papal protection. Your friend may be descended from them.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

no it isn't weird

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.