Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 months ago

Does this girl like me or not?

I've had feelings for a former coworker of mine for a while but I'm engaged so I never acted on anything (nor would I) and I always felt guilty about it. I recently took a position at a new company and before I left I decided to tell her how I feel about her for closure purposes. She didn't necessarily say she liked me back but told me she loved me (as a friend anyways) and that she'll miss me.

Fast forward a few months and she's been texting me almost every day. Nothing flirty just straight up casual conversation and always asking what I'm up too and how my day was, etc. I was confused by this because she never even texted me before about anything and just straight outta the blue talks to me all day. I was getting suspicious and wanted to test the waters so a whole group of us went out last night and I pulled her aside and asked "just as a friends conversation, if I was single would you date me?" And her only response was, "I've honestly never thought about it because you're with (fiancées name)." At the end of the night I was worried I was gonna try and kiss her if I walked her to her car so I just gave her a hug goodbye and I left.

She knows that me and my fiancée are having issues and how poorly she treats me and she knows I feel trapped and keeps telling me I could do better. I'm just confused as to how she feels about me. Is she into me and just trying to hide her feelings? Am I just in the friend zone?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Favorite Answer

It depends on how poorly your fiancé is treating you as to my answer. If she is abusive then leave your fiancé. If y’all are just having normal issues then that’s a part of marriage and you and this new girl would be just like that soon enough. The grass always seems greener.

• Teal

Stop being a coward and break up with your fiance. It doesn't matter how this girl feels. You should not need to have a replacement lined up to justify ending your unhappy relationship. Putting that burden on this random girl is pathetic. Be a man and take responsibility for your choices.