A Chocolate Strawberry Cake LEGIT Hybrid Cake Recipe?

So I've noticed a trend with these recipes either it's a fruit, dump, or poke cake. Or it's a layer cake with some frosting or something between it. The closest I've seen to a legitimate chocolate strawberry cake is the heart surprise and checkerboard cake. So I was doing some research and found... show more So I've noticed a trend with these recipes either it's a fruit, dump, or poke cake. Or it's a layer cake with some frosting or something between it. The closest I've seen to a legitimate chocolate strawberry cake is the heart surprise and checkerboard cake. So I was doing some research and found cake recipes for strawberry cake using white cake mix and strawberry gelatin. And was thinking I could do that with a dark chocolate cake mix instead. Or better yet make a strawberry cake mix and mix it with a chocolate pudding/gelatin mix. But I was wondering if this would turn out as good as expected has anyone tried something like this? Or tried combining chocolate and strawberry cake mixes into one? If so how did it turn out? Was the cake ruined or did you taste nervana? I am very curious about this because I plan on doing it for a friends Bday here this Sunday. If anyone has any better recipe ideas along the lines of a LEGIT chocolate strawberry cake recipe let me know. Thanks in advance.
1 answer 1