My cellphone's storage is almost full . Could this be why I am experiencing delays in receiving text messages?

I have a moto g play 6. It is thru Verizon .

Someone will text me and I don't receive it til like 16 hours later.

My storage is almost full , because of videos , pictures and text messages. Could this be why I am experiencing this?

• Olive
    Favorite Answer

Very doubtful. Try going into Settings and then tap on Apps/Applications whichever it shows, then go to your text message app and tap to open it. Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache. This should help fix the delayed messages

I doubt it. It might be a carrier issue. I've had times where I send my cousin a text message and he gets it within a few seconds (I'm on AT&T and he's on MetroPCS). And sometimes, it is delayed by a few minutes.

You can try clearing out your unneeded files and other junk, but I don't think that is going to help you much.

• SRΛSC

Not likely. Text messages hardly take any space at all, but if you think it helps either way you should look into clearing out space.

No

Possibly. You need to clean it out.