Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

Should I get baptized this year? What is your opinion?

I asked Jesus into my heart on July 28,2018

Favorite Answer

Jesus tells us that all those that love him should be baptized. My question is if you have decided to follow Jesus as your Lord and Savior why wouldn't you want to be baptized as soon as possible. All baptism is "your public confession of faith in Jesus and your intent to follow him for the rest of your life". Baptism doesn't save you nor is it a forgiveness of sin. As Christians we are 100% saved the moment we repent of our sins and ask Jesus to be our Lord and Savior.

Being saved is a purposeful and conscience act achieved when we surrender ourselves (our lives) over to Jesus. At that point we receive the Holy Spirit which seals us to Jesus for eternity.

Christian baptism is the means by which a person makes a public profession of faith and discipleship. In the waters of baptism, a person says, wordlessly, “I confess faith in Christ; Jesus has cleansed my soul from sin, and I now have a new life of sanctification.”

Christian baptism illustrates, in dramatic style, the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. At the same time, it also illustrates our death to sin and new life in Christ. As the sinner confesses the Lord Jesus, he dies to sin (Romans 6:11) and is raised to a brand-new life (Colossians 2:12). Being submerged in the water represents death to sin, and emerging from the water represents the cleansed, holy life that follows salvation. Romans 6:4 puts it this way: “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.”

Very simply, baptism is an outward testimony of the inward change in a believer’s life. Christian baptism is an act of obedience to the Lord after salvation; although baptism is closely associated with salvation, it is not a requirement to be saved. The Bible shows in many places that the order of events is 1) a person believes in the Lord Jesus and 2) he is baptized. This sequence is seen in Acts 2:41, “Those who accepted [Peter’s] message were baptized” (see also Acts 16:14–15).

• Chris

Understand that "asking Jesus into your heart" is not how to get into heaven. It is believing in Jesus that gets a person into heaven :)

.

Water baptism cannot get you into heaven, water baptism is not required to get into heaven, and water baptism cannot be added to what gets you into heaven (1 Corinthians 1:17). No works can be added to what gets you into heaven (Romans 4:5).

.

What gets you into heaven, is believing in Jesus. That easy.

And then you can get water baptized as a testimony that you died to unbeilef, and are raised up with Jesus forever.

Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

yes because it shows further that you love Jesus Christ.

Yes. Get them sins warshed away at once !!

• Hari

No, get some good church pussy instead.

Act 22:16  And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’ 

I'd say listen to your own heart, in order to determine what's right for you. I'm not a Christian, and I'm not a big fan of Christianity. So I wouldn't recommend it, based on my own lived experience. But then again..? You are NOT me. And if this is the path you need to walk..? Then there's no use in trying to deny or repress that, either. We are where we're at for a reason. Whether we stay there or not. :)

So.. If you know you want to be baptized at SOME point, and this feels like the right time..? You should probably do it. And I wish you well. I hope it will be a positive thing in your life. Just.. remember to never use your newfound faith as an excuse to hate on other people, that are different from you. Like WAY too many Christians do.

inviting mythological non existent people into your heart is not good policy, to fall for 8000 year old fairy tales and the 3rd century roman edition is not a sign of good sense

Yes, you should...don’t prolong it..never know when your time is up

You just come right on over here and I'll baptize you just as fast as you want to be baptized