Atheists, how do you explain this?

I’m Agnostic myself but lean towards atheism. I have noticed something that I’m unable to rationally explain. I swear what I’m going to say is the truth. So thing is if I do some kind of mental ritual in my head then good things start to happen in my life. I get the “feeling” that I will get “bad luck” from... show more I’m Agnostic myself but lean towards atheism. I have noticed something that I’m unable to rationally explain. I swear what I’m going to say is the truth.

So thing is if I do some kind of mental ritual in my head then good things start to happen in my life. I get the “feeling” that I will get “bad luck” from certain things so I avoid those things. Crazy thing is if don’t avoid those things BAD THINGS ACTUALLY HAPPEN. I know it’s crazy but true.

If I do my mental rituals and avoid things I ‘feel’ are “bad luck” then good things happen in my life. How do you explain this phenomenon rationally?