I’ve seen normal everyday people, couples and college students save money by not renting or dorming.?

Some live in homemade camper van conversions out of cargo vans, truck shells, cheap truck campers/DIY campers etc... My question is would it be smart to do this while having a good EMT part time job and going to college (not living with parents) I have a 3/4 ton truck I was gonna sell to buy a cheaper car but I... show more Some live in homemade camper van conversions out of cargo vans, truck shells, cheap truck campers/DIY campers etc... My question is would it be smart to do this while having a good EMT part time job and going to college (not living with parents) I have a 3/4 ton truck I was gonna sell to buy a cheaper car but I know I can find a cheap but good camper or shell. I would only have to pay for gas insurance and propane and still use the truck to drive to work and school
I’m tryping on a phone so sorry for the spelling and grammar.