Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 year ago

Yahoo are you aware that you have users here that have opened multiple accounts for the purpose of the details?

There are users here that have four accounts open at the same time and they are going around deleting people's questions and answers and proselytizing against individual members by their name and posting hateful information! I haven't been able to get Yahoo to respond to this I guess the next thing I can possibly do is contact the Federal communications commission. And find out why website is permitting personal slander and libel.

• .
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

No one working for Yahoo (Verizon Media) comes here and reads posts, so addressing "Yahoo" is meaningless here. You're addressing the other users, like yourself.

Multiple accounts are not a violation on Yahoo Answers, however having them interact IS. Yes, using multiple accounts to report a single post is a violation, as is calling out other users. While there's nothing we can do about multiple account reporting, we (the users) CAN take action and report all posts that are violations, including ones that call out or mention other users. That's part of what the site being "Community Moderated" is all about.

The FCC isn't going to take action here. It's not worth their time effort. We, the users either stay and abide by the rules and report violations, or we're free to leave. It's a free site so no one is obligated to stay nor are they losing any money if they leave. If someone out in the world talks ugly about you, the common reaction is to cut them out of your life. Users who aren't happy with how they are being treated on Yahoo Answers, should leave and find a forum where they are comfortable.

• 1 year ago

Yes we are now aware of that fact and there is now a live person present. The problem is in the process of being corrected.

• Zirp
    1 year ago

There is no yahoo reading these questions.

If people use multiple accounts to delete your posts THAT DON'T VIOLATE THE GUIDELINES, your APPEALS will reduce the trustrating of all of the accounts that were used to get your posts deleted

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Unfortunately friend there is no way to appeal anymore because the system has been broken on purpose!. About the only way to get Yahoo to take notice is a legal complaint to the authorities and to show up in court which is what I'm going to have to do!

• Daniel
    1 year ago

Im sure they are Aware of it its not Always Easy to Catch Everything

• 1 year ago

1. If you think you're addressing Yahoo admin right now, you're wrong.

2. Your attempts to convince the FCC that Yahoo has committed libel or slander by allowing people to negatively comment about you will be a massive waste of time and energy.

3. Why are you so emotionally invested in what random strangers on an internet forum say about you? Surely you have more important things to concern yourself with, no?

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Don't you worry about it friend I've already filed the papers had them notarized today and sent out they will have to respond in a court of law whether I win or lose there's still going to have to come to court

1 year ago

Q: Yahoo are you aware that you have users here that have opened multiple accounts for the purpose of the details?

A: NO. They are not "personally" aware. Since March of 2013 there have been no active Yahoo Answers Staff to attend to troll issues - no one to answer user complaints at the Answers mail.

The 4 people that I know of who took on this responsibility (Amy, Art, Ben and Marilyn) were laid off on the aforementioned date and either took other positions in Y! Inc. or went somewhere else. So far as I know there is only a skeleton crew remaining whose sole job is to fix glitches and breakdowns.

One may ignore any thumbs down on this answer, but is gospel truth and accurate as of that March, 2013 date. If there is any replacement staff handling troll issues, no evidence of same can be located.

1 year ago

I've had this happen about 200 times and other users are having it happen Yahoo has already been compromised and had their information sold Verizon got the Yahoo company cheaper because of a security violation where everybody's emails and passwords and personal information got sold off I think that same person right now has control of this information and I think the federal authorities need to be notified so they can intercept this person!

• Your points are valid, but I think you may be looking at all this a bit too seriously.