Jane asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 11 months ago

Anyone here who's been to the philippines?

i'm planning to visit their beaches there and some tourist attractions. What are your recommendations, thoughts, experience?

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

I'm from the Philippines. You are very welcome here! Lots of things to see and do. Make sure you visit the pristine fine white sand beach of the blue lagoon at Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte. Boracay is presently undergoing a major facelift to make it more eco-friendly but it's already open and is clean again. Siargao down south and Baler up north are good for surfing. Just be warned that Mindanao is a dangerous hot-spot. I'm sure you'll get warnings about this so exercise caution. Generally, Filipinos are friendly but some may take advantage of you just like in any other country so beware.

just stay at the airport, from there you can pick you r own journey. talk to a security guard or a janitor, they have dreams and wishes , you may pick something useful , don't plan for you might get disappointed.

From PH. I recommend cebu bohol travel pack, boracay, palawan, and batanes. Though batanes needs to be scheduled because it often rains there due to typhoon or the climate, cool cold weather. Summer would be a fitting.

• RICK

I like the Bicol region

There are some nice beaches, the Mayon Volcano is the most perfectly shaped cone of any volcano in the world, there are a couple of old churches if you are into that, including thee ruins of one that was hurried the last time the Mayon had a major eruption. One of my favorite snacks,Pili Nuts, are prevelant to the area. But there are other areas such as Borcay but that is now restricted in how many can visit.

From Philippines!!! I recommend Boracay (Caticlan) or Palawan!!! best beaches for tourist!

Take bug spray....