How do I get elders to see if I have a label it does not mean everything I do is because of that label?

I am OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) in my parents eyes. I feel I have OCD but it is not me. So if I do a good deed for example of which they don't like then they say it is the OCD. If I see a family member they are holding a grudge against (they love grudges) then they say it is because I'm OCD and... show more I am OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) in my parents eyes. I feel I have OCD but it is not me. So if I do a good deed for example of which they don't like then they say it is the OCD. If I see a family member they are holding a grudge against (they love grudges) then they say it is because I'm OCD and that I am kissing up to the person. If I do something wrong where I should be called out on it then they say it is because I am OCD. Everything unless it has their blessing is because I am OCD.

I feel I have OCD but am not OCD itself. If I see one of their enemies it is because I benefit from the relationship whereas they do not and thus are enemies with the people. If I pray it is because my parents raised me Catholic, not because I was raised The Church of OCD. If I do something wrong like when I made a death threat in high school it is because I am wrong and should be shamed, not because the OCD made me do it.

So while the OCD does have some involvement in all this like I worry in advance if a family member will like me and post-visit analyze for days, the OCD is not why I do it. If I go to church and am distracted I might feel like I need to go again that day and that can be OCD, but me going more then once a week is not OCD.

Anyway how do I get them to see this? How do I get them to see it is not all "he is obsessed"?
Update: How do I know if I am in denial and maybe they are right? My mother compulsively moves and decorates but is not OCD so we say it is okay. My father works addictively but he is not OCD so we say it is hard work.
0