Is it true that it is much harder to get fired at a lot of companies if you pass your probationary period?

I work in a very dysfunctional and poorly managed office. I passed my probationary period but feel like I am lagging as to where I should be 6 months into a job. The training was very poor. Both directors have personality disorders and there is a serious disconnect of good communication between management and... show more I work in a very dysfunctional and poorly managed office. I passed my probationary period but feel like I am lagging as to where I should be 6 months into a job.

The training was very poor. Both directors have personality disorders and there is a serious disconnect of good communication between management and employees. They have had a turnover rate of 12 employees in the last year.

There is no real leadership here, loud and disorderly conduct all day in the office. The chatter is nonstop, a lot of gossip, public criticism from other employees...etc

I have worked for different companies in my time out of college and this is not the real world. I am quietly putting in my resume for other jobs at this company, but in the meantime I don't know how my performance is viewed by management.

They have never called me into the office or anything about performance related issues but I never get any positive feedback. The only time that I ever hear from anybody is when someone wants to complain.