Will my ex-boyfriend ever want to get back together with me?

My boyfriend of two years just recently broke up with me because he wanted to focus on himself, his schoolwork and finding a good career path for the future. Him and I were extremely close, and we both know I'm by far the most supportive person he has in his life. Although I'm hurt that it has come to this,... show more My boyfriend of two years just recently broke up with me because he wanted to focus on himself, his schoolwork and finding a good career path for the future. Him and I were extremely close, and we both know I'm by far the most supportive person he has in his life. Although I'm hurt that it has come to this, I'm still supportive of the idea of him progressing into a mature and stronger person, and if he achieves that goal then it was all worth it, even if it means I'm left with nothing. He seems really upset with the breakup, even resorting to wanting to see me once a week since he feels like he "can't live without seeing me every so often". Will he one day want to get back in a relationship with me? If I have any sort of chance, what should I do? I'm afraid that if I cut off all communication, it'll be easier for him to move on, but if I stay in contact, i'll be viewed as easily accessible and I won't give him enough time to miss me. What do I do?