Is this a valid legal case?

Ill make this brief and straightforward. Bought a new 2017 car a year ago. Got into an accident which was my fault, caused severe damage to my radiator. Geico covered the repairs. Had multiple inspections done to make sure all issues were resolved. Year later my transmission acts up. Transmission and radiator severely damaged. 2 Geico inspectors sent to check my car's damage, found that the piece used to fix my radiator was a faulty one and actually badly damaged the radiator and the transmission. Almost 10g in damage. Piece was sent to manufacturer for further "inspection" of it. Been a month and haven't heard a word. No rental car was provided, had to get one out of pocket, had to pay for rides, and lost my job during the time. I want to formulate a case of some kind, would this be something a lawyer could work with?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. It is valid, but one you would have terribly difficult - Read: EXPENSIVE - one to win.

It's unclear if you intend to sue the manufacturer or the repair shop that installed faulty parts, or both, and proving they were defective after a year's worth of use.

These sort of cases are notoriously hard to win, and you MAY be throwing good money after bad.

The suit could easily run into 10's of 1000's of dollar in lawyer fees alone, the odds of winning, slim, and compensation beyond your actual losses in the vehicle itself would make the suit profitless.

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

You ARE in a very unfortunate situation - one which many insurance companies place their clients in.

Don't need a lawyer. It is cut and dry. Who are you looking to SUE? Chances are they are a big multi billion dollar corporation and see you as small fry. Lawyers know less about the working of the car than you do.

1 year ago

No. Drop it

1 year ago

"the piece used to fix my radiator was a faulty one and actually badly damaged the radiator "

They wouldn't have fixed the radiator, they would have replaced it. FAKE STORY.

Source(s): TROLL ALERT.. Brand new account. Fake story doesn't add up.
    • Francisco1 year agoReport

Fake story lmao? I just made an account specifically to ask this question because I'm at a loss. A year ago my radiator damaged due to my accident. I was told whatever piece used to replace/fix my radiator was a faulty non-Chevy piece. But yes correct I'm completely just making it up.

1 year ago

Get a lawyer. The manufacturer "report" will be there in a week. And you will get your rental fees and insurance payment. Just in time to pay the lawyer and the remaining retainer.

• zipper
    1 year ago

NO! You drove the car for a year after being repaired, so unless you conplained about an issue for the year that they did not deal with. YOUR OUT OF LUCK!

• Francisco1 year agoReport

Well my car was running fine until one day the transmission just blew. I took it to the dealership that did work on it immediately and this is the result. Like I said 2 of Geico's agents already found the issue to be the piece that was used. There was nothing to complain about until a month ago.

• 1 year ago

Yes, this might be a case for a lawyer but just be warned, lawyers aren't cheap. Hopefully, your insurance company can handle it for you without a need for a lawyer.

1 year ago

Probably. However Geico should be handling the whole matter on your behalf. You need to get them to speed things up and make it clear how much of a problem it caused you. If Geico drag their feet you may need to contact the insurance regulator. Starting your own legal action will be very expensive and the matter should be covered by the insurance you paid for.

• 1 year ago

Yes, get a lawyer involved. In the meantime, unless you're hard-pressed, do not accept any payment/settlement from them or you will not be able to collect the full amount due you.

1 year ago

lawyer time .................................