Is it possible to feel complete, like a whole person, without having children? If so, how so?

I badly miss not having a family, but my wife and I bicker a lot and time is almost up for us in the regard of the possible child-raising years of our lives. Should we just go ahead and adopt, even though we fight? My parents fought and I hated it as a child. I would never harm a child. I have extraordinary... show more I badly miss not having a family, but my wife and I bicker a lot and time is almost up for us in the regard of the possible child-raising years of our lives. Should we just go ahead and adopt, even though we fight? My parents fought and I hated it as a child. I would never harm a child. I have extraordinary patience for children, but I can't guarantee that my wife wouldn't and I don't think our fighting will magically stop either. We can provide for a child well though. And I would be a very loving, caring, father.