Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 2 years ago

What is the best part of Florida to move to?

Currently, I'm 21 & thinking of moving to Florida within the next 5 years or so & ultimately starting a family there. The Dade-Broward-Palm Beach area is out of the picture. It's way too congested & cosmopolitan there- not to mention expensive. Forget the I-4 corridor, also. I would like to move to an area that's much less congested & semi-rural, but not in the boonies- preferably a smaller town with a sense of community. I'd prefer more conservative, family oriented, area. The Venice area is very nice, but it has gotten too built up, too rapidly in recent years- congested Citrus County is also nice, but I'd prefer to be within an hour of the beach. Right now I'm leaning towards: The Palm Coast- Flagler- Northern Volusia County area: Bigger properties in a larger community without seeming like a mega-city. & The Destin-Emerald Coast-Bay County area: love how family oriented the area is. Not too congested (most of the time, relative to other areas in Florida) I also love the Southern charm that the area has. Are there any other small towns in Florida with a sense of community & slower pace? & also place with not a lot of riff raff. MOST people in Florida seem very nice, but I know Florida's known for its riff raff.

• .
    Favorite Answer

I live in the panhandle (Destin-Fort Walton Beach area) and love it here. You can get rural and still be less than an hour from the coast in northern ends of the coastal counties. Jobs are mostly service industry (tourism) and defense industry due to 4 military bases between Pensacola and Panama City.

According to my last vacation, here are the best places in Florida: The Most Beautiful Spots In Florida

Molasses Reef.

Fort Walton Beach.

Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.

Destin is wonderful I would like to move there one day myself

If you want a large city, go to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale. Fort L is close to Miami, but is definitely cheaper and less crowded and safer, but due to the proximity, you could still visit Miami often. If you want a smaller city, go to Pensacola or Destin, as there are things to do there as well, but not as crowded.

ive been to fort lauderdale and orlando and i liked thenn both

The dry part

Brevard County. I used to live there. It's wonderful. You can choose from Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Port St. John, Merritt Island. Lots of nice areas, clean and family oriented. And not expensive. Check it out! :)

Destin

St pete Tampa Bay