Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 10 months ago

Do you think eating meat is barbaric?

I've been vegetarian for maybe 6 months and I never have to feel bad about what is in my mouth or tummy.

Every now and then I'll get a little craving for baby back ribs or chicken wings, but then I eat something vegetarian and the craving goes away.

People ask why, and it's because I don't want an animal in my mouth or body! Quite simply. They are living creatures with the sensation of pain just like me. I'm sure if you grilled my meat up and put sauce on it, it would taste good too.

I don't judge anyone else for it, because I was that the entirety of my life until 6 months ago.

159 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Eating meat is barbaric but guess what, human beings are barbaric. Animals do some pretty cruel things also. But at least they kill other animals in a wild setting. So the animals they killed get to live in freedom before they die. Not like slaughterhouse animals.

• 10 months ago

I am a vegetarian and been my whole life. Personally I will never eat meat like ever. But you can't change human nature. Humans are cruel, Look around yourself, the jealousy, the anger, the greed. You change one, the other evolves. I am not trying to save animals or something by being vegetarian but I do believe in God and he knows it all.

Everyone has to pay for their sins. Believe it or not there is a afterlife and it's not good for everyone. I just try to lower my sins. So should you.

• 10 months ago

Let s be realistic about this whole, protect the animals and don t eat meat talk.

Being vegan may be a great way of life for some people but what if everyone was vegan and felt that no animals should suffer. Don t you realize we would become meat for the animals? Yeah, that s right, you didn t think this all the way out did you?

Or maybe you were thinking, protect the animals and let all humans live in cages...so we wouldn t all get eaten of course [rolls eyes]

• Megumi
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Niburu always loses. Just that name is a loser.

• If so then I'm a Viking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

No. Humans have been eating meat since the beginning of of time.

• suzu9 months agoReport

Is it barbaric tho. people at the "beginning of time" were barbaric CAVEMEN. The question asks if eating meat is barbaric and your answer is self-defeating.

• 10 months ago

No it's not to me

• me
      Lv 5
      10 months agoReport

Why women especially?

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

and when the people complained to Moses all they had to eat was manna God gave them birds to eat (meat)

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

The Bible has only been right by accid3ent if it's ever right. It's sophomoric fiction.

• 10 months ago

Zogg Ugg Zugg.

• 10 months agoReport

I hate the killers of plant life. Veggies should die of shame.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

That's a totally absurd thing to ask. Eating meat is healthy and part of a balanced diet.

• 10 months ago

As the only son in my family of cattle ranchers since the 1880's in Arizona, and the destined individual to continue operations thru my full lifetime, I am a promoter of beef eating, but people, in general, seem to envy my position, so I really don't give any attention to vegetative state mental disorders, as you seem to refer to. Btw, our cows number in the 100's, and we spend most of our time caring for the mother cows, and babying the calves, which is labor and time intensive, and they love the ranch hills, and pastures, and getting so much attention. They would say no barbaric innuendos here, just a good life, and no school to mess up our brains, or people thinking if meat wasn't eaten, cows would enjoy life to retirement, though most likely, they would suffer starvation, since ranchers care for, and 'till the land, as a renewable resource. In doing so, the range lands cattle survive on are nurtured, maintained with efforts to sustain life, not just for cattle, but grass and vegetative foods for wildlife, and horses,as already noted.

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

There's no complete protein in plants. You have to eat the right ones together, and some of you don't know that. Such ignorance can harm people.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.