My weight is lower than what it was but I look larger?

Hello, so to start off with my 20 years old, I've always been heavier my whole life until summer of 2017. I went from 200 lbs to 140 lbs. I was ecstatic. But due to depression and lack of motivation and quite frankly, sheer laziness I gained 30 lbs of that back. I now am at 165. So the thing is, I worked out... show more Hello, so to start off with my 20 years old, I've always been heavier my whole life until summer of 2017. I went from 200 lbs to 140 lbs. I was ecstatic. But due to depression and lack of motivation and quite frankly, sheer laziness I gained 30 lbs of that back. I now am at 165. So the thing is, I worked out everyday, ate very healthy, and I was pretty toned. Now I look huge. I don't exercise, I eat awful, and I want to get back on track and get back what I used to have. But the thing that makes me nervous is, well, I look way bigger in other areas, bigger than when I was even 200lbs! I look at old pictures and my legs are bigger, my stomach is bigger. The only think that semi maintained shape is my arms and my neck area. So my question to all of you is, why do I look larger in some areas of my body now, yet I'm still smaller than I was 3 years ago?
2 answers 2