Can you explain, "Why did God have to die?"?

I don't think I really understand it. For the most part this is because the only one that I really discuss Christian reasoning with is my Mother. She isn't very enlightening. How many people have you reasoned with religiously that do not share your religion?

*or your lack thereof?

Jesus is the son of God, not God Almighty. Satan seduced Eve by lying to her and saying in essence that God did not love (agape) her and that if she ate of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil she would be like the Gods. Satan uses the same lie today to get people to break His Commandmens if they don't mentally agree with them. You won't find an accurate definition of the Greek word agape which is often translated into the English word "love" in the New Testament except in context. The definition of agape is: a decision to always act in the other person's best interest even if it causes us some suffering. In John 15:13, Jesus confirms this definition by saying that there is no greater agape than to lay down your life for your friends. This is what Jesus did when He was crucified. By volunteering to be Crucified, Jesus showed how much He and God His Father loved us thereby proving Satan a liar. God wants us to agape Him. Agape (love) has to be a free will decision. By showing us how much God agapes us, we are able to make a free will decision to agape both God and His Son Jesus. God is so worthy of our love (agape) that when we realize how much God loves us we wit great joy can make a free will decision to love (agape) God. I love God so much even though I am 100% disabled, in a wheel chair, and constant pain because of how much God has demonstrated He loves me.

God didn't die. God cannot die.

Our first parents Adam and Eve disobedience brought sin and death to all mankind. Jesus sacrificial death opened the way for imperfect humans to be rescued from sin and death. His death open up to us the opportunity to regain what Adam and Eve lost----the prospect of living forever in perfect conditions on earth. Yes Jesus gave his life in our behalf and God, his Father resurrected him back to life, where he is now our reigning King in heaven with his Father. Therefore we want to show our appreciation for what Jesus and his Father did for us by taking in accurate knowledge and applying what we learn from Gods word the bible. Please visit jw.org to learn more. You may request a free home bible study on a day and time convenient for you. I

The NT fictional story is nothing but a deception.

I'm not dead . In 1979 I had a dream where I will be that Servant of Is. 52 & III Nephi who shall be marred more than the Son of man ; and as those evil men were about to mutilate me Jesus asked me ; Forrest , can you handle what theos emen are going to do to you ? And I answered : I don't know ; but I'm not going to run or put up a fight . This will cause Mal. 3&4 to take place , and many will self spontaneously human combust .

God didn't die. It was the Son of God that died. Jesus never claimed to be God. John 20:17- Rev. 3:12

• Sharon11 months agoReport

Thank you. Can’t believe more people didn’t catch that

• Althea

The only person who died that was close to God was his only begotten Son according to John 3:16 & he did this as a sacrifice for our sins according to 1 John 2:1,2.

Jesus Christ did not HAVE to do anything. God could have sat back and said "Well, you morons brought it on yourselves" and He could have lived Happily ever after.

• wombatfreaks

God loved us so much he was willing to create himself as his own son to be tortured and murdered on our behalf, so that we might be forgiven for having within all of us the Original Sin, that was granted to Adam and Eve, who were created lovingly in His image.
      image.

Most of our religions are based on the stars, moon and planets. In particular is our Sun, that seems to all but die in winter, as does the life giving vegetation with it, as the days get very short, especially the further north you go in the northern hemisphere. Jesus represents our Sun. The death of our Sun is on Dec 22 in the northern hemisphere. It is 3 days later that the days begin to become noticeably longer again (birth/rebirth of our Sun). Come Spring time on Easter, the daytime becomes longer than the nighttime, signaling the Sun has defeated the death of Winter. In this case, the Sun/Son did not have to die it is simply part of our seasons due to the tilt of the earth and our path around the Sun. Humans simply personified these stories where Jesus is the last of many God/Man Saviors of the world that are really saying without our Sun we would perish. Ironically our Sun is the Light of the world.

• yesmar

Yes. Contrary to what Christendom propagates, there are about ten reasons God became a human just to die a horrible death.

The main, and important one, was to defeat the Fallen Kingdom and break the hold it had on humanity.

• wombatfreaks

image.