Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 10 months ago

Can't access website anymore?

This is probably a question for tech savvy individuals. I used to access a website to read the news (i.e. zero propaganda, video/photo evidence, etc).

Now when I try to access it, I get the following message:

"This site can’t be reached (website) server IP address could not be found.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

So I'm not sure if the website got taken down (doesn't seem like it as other websites are quoting from it), my ISP blocked the websites DNS (not sure what this means exactly), or there is some issue with my computer.

Thanks to anyone who answers.

The website you gave me said it did not resolve (not even one single check mark), does that mean the site got taken down?

• BigE
    Best Answer

The DNS domain no longer exists. I assume others sites are working fine.

Possible your DNS is blocking it. Go to this site, enter the host part (like www.thesite.com)

leave it an A record and see if it resolves:

https://dnschecker.org/

With a question like this, it helps if you quote the URL you are trying to use. That way, others can see if they can reach the site or come up with the same or a similar message.

try (1) re-connecting to wifi, (2) restart your computer, (3) try a different browser, (4) go to a different wifi location (eg Starbucks, Panera)

nnaybe the website closed down