asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 year ago

why did people think that Amanda Knox was guilty?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Because she behaved in an incredibly stupid way in the aftermath of the killing of Meredith Kercher. She lied, behaved like a buffoon and was viewed as generally obnoxious and irresponsible. I believe she did that because of her terrible immaturity and naivety, but that she brought trouble to her own door. I don't believe she had direct responsibility for murdering Meredith, but I do believe she has secrets she could tell which will never be extracted from her.

• Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

how did she act like a bafoon, etc?

btw was this story big in the US media? why I am just now noticing it maybe?

• 1 year ago

because she was

• 1 year ago

She was next door to the murder....and did not hear anything????????????

• Jack H
    1 year ago

Mainly because they heard the evidence presented to the Italian Court, not the very biased American version...

• 1 year ago

Why did she give a false statement?

On the other hand she was drunk and on drugs when questioned and should have been legally advised.

It was all very odd, the evidence seemed weak to me.

1 year ago

ridiculous. sometimes when they don't have a suspect they blame some body who is probably innocent.

• Ludwig
    1 year ago

We know she was guilty of crimes, she tried to frame a black man didn't she? In any other legal system she would have been put away for life. I just hope she is silly enough to take a holiday somewhere we can extradite her from some day.

• Ludwig
      1 year agoReport

The congolese barman. He was not 'Guilty' - he was having dinner with a swiss professor at the time. Knox was found guilty of perjury.

1 year ago

She basically got the shaft from the govt, because she was an American. They were very judgey because she smoked pot, hooked up with a guy she had just met, and did what most freewheeling Western young people do. They jumped on her as the patsy, instead of looking for the GUY who had left his waste in the toilet. The roommates pointed the finger at her, immediately. Had she been smart, she would have left the country, post haste.