C asked in Society & CultureHolidaysPassover · 1 year ago

If someone accidentally gives in and eats pizza on Passover, what should they do?

Pizza cravings are hard to fight sometimes. If someone goes ahead and eats some pizza on Passover, how bad is it?

• Max

If they are a practicing Jew, they should seek forgiveness from God and try their best to not repeat the same action in the future. God is slow to anger and will no doubt forgive a Jew who does this, it is just best not to break this commandment so we can be closer to HIm. Doing things like keeping The Sabbath and not eating leaven on Passover is not nearly as important as loving God, loving others, improving the world, and performing acts of love and kindness. Anybody who is observant but does not do the things emphasized throughout the prophetic books in Judaism such as giving to the poor, clothing the naked, pleading for the orphan and the widow, and visiting the sick, these people are not looked well in the eyes of God.

I admit, although I am Jewish, I slip sometimes and definitely don t obey all the commandments. This Passover, for instance, I have eat leavened bread and other leavened products and did not keep kosher. But the important thing is that I had a great passover meal, spent time with my parents, loved God, and remembered the Exodus from Egypt and talked about it with my parents at the Passover meal. Love of God is more important than any commandment that is specific for Jews.

Hope this helped.

Max

• Rayal
    1 year ago

No one but you and your rabbi cares. He doesn't care much either. Put another shrimp on the Barbie?

• Cammie
    1 year ago

No one cares. The world will continue .

• 1 year ago

i dont see anything wrong with that

• Janet
    1 year ago

That would NOT be an accident. That would be you giving yourself permission to cave in and eat the pizza. Calling it an "accident" does NOT remove you of the responsibility for your choices and actions.

Even if you had been drunk there is never an excuse for the choices we make and the behaviors we allow.

It is bad in the sense that you are not master of yourself, but instead lack the skill to work with your urges and emotions. This is very bad for your life, for your relationships, for your own internal happiness.

As far as spiritually speaking .. it makes no difference.

1 year ago

God is forgiving. If you feel guilty and are remorseful and sincere in asking for forgiveness it will be forthcoming.

(Now, find a bull without blemish and a she goat without kid and take them to the sacrificial altar. Just kidding but I had to throw that in there).