Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 11 months ago

DeVos says students accused of sexual assault should no longer be denied the right to face their accuser. Feminists disagree.?

Favorite Answer

Great post by TNO.

My additional thoughts:

1. The big thing I haven't seen anyone address yet, is why the heck colleges are adjudicating sexual assaults by any means. Sexual assaults are often felony crimes and should be handled by law enforcement, not college tribunals. This is the over riding issue. Colleges should not be adjudicating sexual assaults allegations, period.

2. Given they do however, it's amazing but very telling to see feminists argue strongly against due process protocols. Of course those accused deserve to face their accusers, to question them about the specifics of their allegations, how can this basic right even be in question? If colleges are going to adjudicate sexual assault case, of course due process should apply. It'a amazing this is even an issue.

3. Of course the reason we see this is that the whole reason feminists pushed for colleges to handle cases of sexual assault internally is that colleges are not bound to the due process protocols that our legal system is. Colleges don't have to and typically don't use a beyond a reasonable doubt standard. Colleges typically don't offer a right of discovery and typically don't allow the accused to face their accuser. This is precisely why feminist support this system.

he said she said show proof.

The easiest way to know what is right and wrong in this instance is to ask yourself

'What if I was the person being accused, what would I want'

or 'What if it was my son being accused, what would I want for him'

We all know know what the answer is and so do a number of feminists who have suddenly started campaigning against title IX when their sons get caught up in it. We don't need someone like DeVos to tell us they have had a light bulb moment or to hear anymore feminists crying unfair when their sons get kicked out of their education based on an unsubstantiated accusation.

Proof positive that even a stopped clock like DeVos is right twice a day.

I wonder what the second thing is that this vicious thug for the educorps is right about? This is very disconcerting, since I've never heard of her being right about anything before. Not EVER.

Very strange indeed.

• Jack

"DeVos says students accused of sexual assault should no longer be denied the right to face their accuser. Feminists disagree.? What do you think?"

I think it is not in the wheel house of university staff to adjudicate criminal charges, and thus all the Title IX courts in universities should be thrown out. Sorry, but the only way to deal with crimes is by reporting them to the police and getting them investigated by those in the business of doing just that!

If we’re going to task universities with playing law enforcement, judge, and jury, then I agree with DeVos that students should not be punished for allegations of misconduct by a confidential source. However, it would be ideal for law enforcement and the justice system to handle all allegations of sexual assault, because that is what they are meant to do.

It is tne right of the accused to face their accuser

I agree with DeVos. Title IX has been in need of serious revision for a long time. It's basically unconstitutional and has denied the accused the right to due process and made them guilty before proven innocent and that needs to change.

Whatever Betsy DeVos has to stand for, I don't take for word. She needs to be the next Trump-appointed Cabinet member to leave.

Just paddle that little MAGA brat's @$$ to teach him a lesson. No more needs to be done.

• Jack

Why? That young guy didn't do anything wrong!