What happens to the old google street views?

They used to go all the way back to 2007 maybe 2004, now they only go back to 2011. What happened? Did they fall off the end of the conveyor belt? Did google run out of room, or does one have to subpoena them by special order?
Update: Hi, After I shut down and came back again later, Presto! there were the old street views. It seems as though the older views were taken farther apart, so it is more likely that one will come down on a spot that has only newer pictures; also it may be that the camera car took the older pictures on the even quarter... show more Hi, After I shut down and came back again later, Presto! there were the old street views. It seems as though the older views were taken farther apart, so it is more likely that one will come down on a spot that has only newer pictures; also it may be that the camera car took the older pictures on the even quarter furlongs, and five years later another camera car took its pictures on the odd quarter furlongs so it's possible to go clicking along on only newer pictures...
Update 2: ...if you happen to come down on the wrong spot.
Update 3: After I actually found what I was looking for, I tried to search for it in the wayback machine by copy-pasting the whole url, and wayback couldn't get anything. Usually, if wayback doesn't already have a site, they'll go find it themselves then ask you if you want to archive it, and you just click yes... show more After I actually found what I was looking for, I tried to search for it in the wayback machine by copy-pasting the whole url, and wayback couldn't get anything. Usually, if wayback doesn't already have a site, they'll go find it themselves then ask you if you want to archive it, and you just click yes and it's archived. It looks like wayback couldn't reach that deep into google without being me. (y'know https and whatnot)
Update 4: I had a feeling that my hyperbolic use of the word subpoena would upset somebody. "Request" and "Ask for" both just sounded too wimpy, but "Demand" and "Order" sounded to authoritarian. I wanted a word that would evoke the image of an automatic mechanical response to a... show more I had a feeling that my hyperbolic use of the word subpoena would upset somebody. "Request" and "Ask for" both just sounded too wimpy, but "Demand" and "Order" sounded to authoritarian. I wanted a word that would evoke the image of an automatic mechanical response to a command, like inter-office mail canisters going "kerchunk" down airtubes. "Call" as in a bios call, or to call a subroutine would probably have been more accurate(though less understood). I'm sorry if you misunderstood.
Update 5: D'oh I need a new keyboard! (actually I need a new(er) computer) I just saw the "too-to" problem after I posted! The vowels, especially the O and the E, are so wrn out that they only type about 90% of the time and require a second peck, which I often overlook if they don't have a squiggly red line! show more D'oh I need a new keyboard! (actually I need a new(er) computer) I just saw the "too-to" problem after I posted! The vowels, especially the O and the E, are so wrn out that they only type about 90% of the time and require a second peck, which I often overlook if they don't have a squiggly red line!