Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 2 years ago

Do you agree the MAGA hat is the new white hood?

147 Answers

Relevance
  • CMoney
    Lv 4
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. It shows that you identify with a politician who repeatedly demonizes immigrants and other vulnerable groups (such trans folks) in an attempt to stir division and fear. It also harkens back to an earlier, “better” era when minorities were kept in their place. Repeated studies have showed that the primary factor driving support for Trump is “racial resentment”

• 2 years ago

That’s so ridiculous. No. It’s in support of our democratically elected president.

• 2 years ago

It is the new dunce hat, go sit in the corner!

• 2 years ago

it’s a matter of personal opinion

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No.

The liberal media wants you to believe that all Trump supporters are racist. If someone has a Trump bumper sticker - he's a racist. If someone has a MAGA hat - he's a racist.

Truth is, very very few Trump supporters are racist. Truth is, there are bias and criminal types on both sides of the political spectrum. Truth is, we all need to treat all people with respect and kindness. We need to let each other speak. When we do we find we have more in common than we first imagine.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yes, it is. And anyone who says otherwise is a racist.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

More like the new dunce cap

• Nathan
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

No.

• 2 years ago

No I don't; although some are likening it to that for their own political gain. What about certain sports team athletic wear that certain gangs wear and is associated with them? Is that sports team athletic wear then an indication that whoever is wearing it is a member of that gang in every case? Hardly not and me wearing a hat that is associated with Trump is my right and is not the same thing as what someone is trying to imply instead and associate that to.

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No. Why would I agree with such an IDIOTIC statement?

• 2 years ago

No. It does send a message...but not to the degree that a white hood does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.