Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?

1. Imagine two people on the top pf a steep hill.

In that context, is this sentence correct:

"I wonder how they are going to come down. After all, the descent is more difficult than the climb."

2. And is this sentence correct:

"My house lies at/on a high point, so it's chilly in winter."

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

1. correct

2. "at", not "on". Examples: "Lies at the highest point." "Lies at the lowest point." "Lies on the water's edge." "Lies on a culvert." "Lies at the end of a road." And it's "Winter", not "winter". I would say "My house lies at a high point; so it's chilly in Winter."

• 1 year ago

'I wonder how they're going to come down' suggests that you're wondering about the ROUTE. Will they perhaps take a different path?

'I wonder how they're going to get down' is what you mean. It was very hard to go up, and it will be harder to come down.

• 1 year ago

I wonder how they are going to get down. After all, the descent is more difficult than the climb.

My house lies on a high point so it's chilly in Winter.

• Mamie
      1 year agoReport

Do not capitalize the names of the seasons. They are generic common nouns.