Randy
Lv 5

Why do people spend thousands of Dollars for funerals and caskets suits and dresses when there Going into the ground anyway to be Eatting?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Funerals are more about those people who are left behind than the deceased. It makes them feel better to give their loved one a good send off and begins the bereavement healing process. I'm with you and consider it really idiotic to dress up a corpse. It's a cadaver after all which is going to the earth or fire to be consumed. Often though we have special requests for our own funerals too, which others try to honour. But in fact you won't be there. Only the dead log that our bodies become after death, unknowing, unthinking, unfeeling. But it's actually very difficult to imagine yourself dead. I'd recommend you try it and then you'll see the depth of the difficulty.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

My intention is the be cremated and my ashes spread over my mountain property.

• 11 months ago

It's a way of showing respect for the deceased.

• Aaron
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Well it's their wish. We should respect that. I want to be buried when I die.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

I guess because its what people do R andy.

• Randy
      Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

Thats a stupid Answer i should block you

• 11 months ago

Guilt. They think having an expensive funeral shows they loved the person.

• 11 months ago

F

• Randy
      Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

Watch your mouth on my page are i will block you Next time dont let it happen Again

• CAB
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

I got my mother in laws casket from Costco.

You can order them online.

• CAB
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

She put up a hell of a fight when i tried to put her in it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.