Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 months ago

Falling in love with someone when you're married.?

I'm very happy with my husband. We got married about 1 and a half year ago, and a have a one year old baby. We've dated for about 8 years.

My husband and I both mostly share our friends. I started getting along really well with one of my close friends. He has a girlfriend which I've actually introduced him to her.

I have a very good relationship towards him. I feel like he is also having feeling for me.

I really don't want to lose my husband, but don't want to hide my feelings towards my best friend.

Best Answer

Marriage is about making the choice everyday to stay committed. Of course you're still going to be attracted to other people. That doesn't go away just because you're married. But you chose your partner and the idea is that you have to be good enough friends with your spouse to get you through the dry spells and sometimes downright boredom. It is a choice you have to keep making over and over again. You can feel these things but you can't act on them if you want to stay married and provide a stable home to your child. The grass always looks greener but it often isn't. Is it worth ruining what you have for something that might really be better off as a friendship?

Source(s): Married 25 years

Time for divorce, u made vows now love someone else your a slut

• Fulano

Love is a choice to keep giving and caring for someone.

Lust and attraction are hormones that we fall into.

Your friendship is over, there is no going back to the way things were. Your choices are to cut ties with your friend or end your marriage

You took vows to forsake all others, plus you now have a child. Once you become a parent, you must put your desires aside and do what is right for your child. If your husband is a good father, why tear your child away from him because you want a good time? If you ask me, you were never ready for either (marriage/children).

torn between to lovers is such a common thing to happen.. you have to stay away from the other guy and keep true to your hubby... kinda obvious isnt it..

Your best friend should be your husband.

You have no control whether, or not you lose your husband. It seems you are not marriage minded, and you are leaning toward losing your husband.

It's your life, so you do whatever you want with it.

• Teal

Your friendship is over, there is no going back to the way things were. Your choices are to cut ties with your friend or end your marriage. You don't get to have them both. You know that if your husband were in this position, you would be devastated to find out he wanted someone else, and you wouldn't tolerate him keeping the other woman in his life.

• anonymous10 months agoReport

I feel like cutting ties with my friend isn't even an option. My husband is also really close friends with him. We are in the same friend group, and I see him almost everyday.

Don't ruin your relationship for this timely attraction.. Otherwise you'll regret later.

• kristy

I think no matter what anyone’s advice will be, you and him are going to end up in bed. Maybe you are just looking for a little spice. You probably just need to get it out of your system. If you go through with it, make sure neither one say anything to anyone because no one else will keep it a secret.

• anonymous10 months agoReport

Well I actually wait till marriage. And so does all my friends, and my husband.

variety is good