when a wife dies without writing her will,and she leaves money on her bank account who takes the money,she has a husband and two adult Son's?

• Sandy
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

only the people's whose name was on the account can get the money easily. if it was a joint account with her husband, he can get the money anytime. if not, then her husband can get it with a death certificate.

• 1 year ago

Her spouse inherits the money and everything in her Estate. the children DO NOT.

• 1 year ago

If you are legally married, the surviving spouse inherits the estate. ANY money, in ANY bank account held by either of them belongs to BOTH of them. His name may not be on the bank account, but it's still his money.

• Hokaars1 year agoReport

not true if the money in the bank account was inherited. Money and property accumulated during the marriage belongs to both people. My husband has a large sum of money that he inherited from his father. If he decided to leave the marriage, I have no right to any of that money.

• PAMELA
    1 year ago

As far as i know the husband takes it, he has to go to probate and then show that to the bank, for amounts that are not very large some banks will take proof of death, the death certificate. The husband should always get legal advice, and make a will!

• 1 year ago

It all depends on the state they live. For example if I die Kansas Law says it goes to my wife

• 1 year ago

Husband gets everything.

• Lita
    1 year ago

The husband. If a person is married and dies without a will the estate always goes to the spouse.

• 1 year ago

Well is your wife dead? If not go talk to her.

1 year ago

In the western world, inheritance automatically goes to the surviving spouse. If the spouse is pre-deceased, then it goes the kids.

• 1 year ago

I guess the husband take the money.