Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 10 months ago

Why wouldn't dad and Stepmom let me stay at the hospital with my mom? She had a mental breakdown last night? I feel like it's my fault?

Last night my mom has a mental breakdown. I heard her screaming that some people took a baby away. She told me be quiet and to hide because those people were still the house and didn’t want them taking me. She was having conversations with imaginary people. I called my dad and told him what she was saying and doing. My dad told me to call 911 and said he was coming to get me. But my mom saw me with my phone and took it from me By the time my dad got to the house my mom was outside looking for those people she said took a baby. My Dad told me to go wait in my room with my stepmom I still don’t understand why I had to wait in my with my stepmom. My dad called 911, the emts came and took my to the hospital then my dad called my grandparents to let know them about my mom. My dad and stepmom wouldn’t take me to see my mom they said that I have seen enough. My grandma called and told me that the doctor put on a hold mom she told that my mom is going to a mental hospital.

I am 15 years old. I just want to be with my mom right now she needs me We are a team. I feel like an awful daughter because I feel like I cause her breakdown.

• Suzy Q
    Best Answer

That's not a mental breakdown. That's full blown psychosis. Which you couldn't cause if you tried.

Your mother urgently needs psychiatric help. Right now there is nothing you can do for her. I doubt the hospital would allow you to stay with her even if your dad were fool enough not to keep you away. You could even do harm, your very presence fueling her delusions.

This must be incredibly hard for you, but your dad handled this exactly the right way.

Because you seen a enough just listen to your dad and stepmom. Your is getting the help she needs

• Linda

The mental breakdown, your mother had, is NOT your fault. Stay with your dad, move on and let your mother get the help she needs.

If this is true, your mom will be taken good care of, and you'll get to see her. She needs some rest and medical care, obviously.

probably cause they felt youve seen enough,

• Eva

It's not your fault. Your mother needs help and your presence may agitate her. They need to find out why she's having these hallucinations and want her to rest.

• `

No one can see your mom at this point. She's being evaluated by doctors and put on medications to help stabilize her mood. You didn't cause her breakdown.

If you're not 18 you can't go there anyway. And you don't want to see the inside of one of those places.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this trauma. My heart goes out to you. The doctors have to diagnose the exact cause of your mom's breakdown and start treatment. You could NOT have caused this even if you wanted to. If you stayed with her it would delay the diagnosis and the treatment.

It sounds like she has had a psychotic episode. They will have to give her medicine to stop the episode of psychosis. People with a psychotic episode could hurt themselves or others. She could have lost a child years ago. I would just wait and stay calm and when you do get to visit her make sure you are calm. Bring her some soap, some nice things to help her. Toothpaste toothbrush. Clean pyjamas night dress. Be very kind and gentle to her when you see her. Keep on being kind and gentle that will help her alot.

• Rick B

Your mom is freaking out and talking to people who,are not there, and you don't understand why your dad kept you away from her???? Really? This does not make sense to you????